I’m a Victim of Identity Theft—What Should I Do?
If your identity has been stolen, you need to take immediate action to limit the damage and protect your good name.
- Download our free Identity Theft Emergency Repair Kit (PDF)
It provides step-by-step instructions and the necessary forms to help restore your identity. You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® to open this PDF document.
- Contact Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union and other related vendors immediately. Close any accounts that may have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit report with one of the three major credit bureaus. Also request to review your credit report for suspicious activity. A copy of your credit report is available free each year from www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Equifax®: 1-888-766-0008
- Experian®: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion®: 1-800-680-7289
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov.
- File a report with local police.