What is Business Online Bill Pay for Business?
Business Online Bill Pay lets you quickly and conveniently pay anyone online that you pay today by check.
- Pay any person or company in the United States, from your leasing company to your office suppliers.
- Schedule repeating payments, such as lease payments.
- Schedule single payments up to one year in advance. The only payments you cannot make through your bill payment service are court-ordered payments and state and federal tax payments.
How does Business Online Bill Pay work?
There are two basic steps involved in using Business Online Bill Pay to make online payments:
- Set up your biller list by adding the companies and indivduals to whom you want to make payments.
- Schedule payments.
When you first begin using the service, set up your biller list by adding the billers to whom you want to make payments. Some billers can also send electronic bills (e-bills). You only need to add each biller once. When you make a payment, you specify the date that you want the bill to receive the payment. The earliest available payment date will be displayed when keyed into the payment center. This will range from 1 to 4 business days. Business Online Bill Pay determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check, based on whether the biller accepts electronic payments and other guidelines. If you are a Level 3 User, you can initiate a payment, which must then be approved by a user of higher authority before the payment can be scheduled and issued. After a payment is scheduled, it appears as Scheduled in Payment Activity. After the payment is processed, the status changes to Processed. The biller receives your payment on the payment date you specified and credits your account.
Note that there can be a delay between when the biller receives the payment and when the biller credits the payment to your account.
How secure is the information I give to you?
Business Online Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- Business User ID and Password: Your business user ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don't share your business user ID and password with anyone, no one can sign in to Business Online Bill Pay as you.
- SSL: Business Online Bill Pay uses SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: Business Online Bill Pay always uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: In addition, Business Online Bill Pay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined number of minutes (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you are finished.
If I haven't signed up for Business Online Bill Pay, how do I?
To sign up for Business Online Bill Pay, you must complete an enrollment form. Please visit the Business page of our website, under Applications and Enrollment, to complete the form online then print, sign and drop off at any Century Bank and Trust location.
How do I change business information?
Please contact us for help with this.
What if I have a question about one of the features?
Business Online Bill Pay can assist you in using its features as follows:
- This product contains help that is available on each page. Click Help Me With This Page to open Help for a specific topic. Also, you can click the Help button to open the Help Me Topics page.
- If you have general questions, read through the list of frequently asked questions (FAQs).