What is SpiritBank Bill Pay for Business?
SpiritBank Bill Pay lets you quickly and conveniently pay anyone online that you pay today by check.
- Pay any person or company in the United States, from your leasing company to your office suppliers.
- Schedule repeating payments, such as lease payments.
- Schedule single payments up to one year in advance. The only payments you cannot make through your bill payment service are court-ordered payments and state and federal tax payments.
How does SpiritBank Bill Pay work?
There are two basic steps involved in using SpiritBank Bill Pay to make online payments:
- Set up your payees.
- Schedule payments.
When you first begin using the service, set up your payee list by adding the payees to whom you want to make payments. Some payees can also send electronic bills (e-bills). You only need to add each payee once. When you make a payment, you specify the date that you want the payee to receive the payment. The earliest available payment date is four business days from today. SpiritBank Bill Pay determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check, based on whether the payee accepts electronic payments and other guidelines. If you are a Level 3 User, you can initiate a payment, which must then be approved by a user of higher authority before the payment can be scheduled and issued. After a payment is scheduled, it appears as Scheduled in Payment Activity. After the payment is processed, the status changes to Processed. The payee receives your payment on the payment date you specified and credits your account.
Note that there can be a delay between when the payee receives the payment and when the payee credits the payment to your account.
How secure is the information I give to you?
SpiritBank Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- Business User ID and Password: Your business user ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don't share your business user ID and password with anyone, no one can sign in to SpiritBank Bill Pay as you.
- SSL: SpiritBank Bill Pay uses SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: SpiritBank Bill Pay uses 40-bit or 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: In addition, SpiritBank Bill Pay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined number of minutes (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you are finished.
If I haven't signed up for SpiritBank Bill Pay, how do I?
To sign up for SpiritBank Bill Pay, you must enroll online and submit a completed enrollment form.
How am I billed for bill payment service?
Please contact us for help with this.
How do I cancel bill payment service?
The Level 1 User is the only user who can cancel the service. On the Profile - Service Setup page, click Cancel Your Service at the bottom of the page. Before you cancel your service, keep in mind the following:
- Scheduled payments, including repeating payments, are not paid.
- Processing payments are paid.
- You no longer have access to your payment activity and you can no longer send payment inquiries. You should wait until all of your scheduled payments are processed before you cancel your service. If you let your scheduled payments process, then you won't have any outstanding payments that you can't view or inquire about after you cancel your service.
- Your payees are notified to stop sending e-bills. However, it can sometimes take a few days for the payee to process the request. Therefore, until you begin receiving paper bills again you should contact the payee directly about your payment amount and payment due date. Because you can't send your payment using SpiritBank Bill Pay after you cancel your service, you should make your payment to the payee by some other means, such as a check.
- If you decide to use SpiritBank Bill Pay again, you will have to re-enroll and set up your payee list.
How do I change business information?
It's important to keep your business information (which includes business contact information) up to date so that we can contact you if necessary. To make any changes, go to the Profile - Business Information page and click Change.
How do I change authorized user information?
Since authorized users can access SpiritBank Bill Pay and contact customer service on your behalf, their information should be up to date. You can review authorized user information on the Profile - Authorized User Information page. To make any changes, go to the Profile - Authorized User Information page and click View/Change.
What if I have a question about one of the features?
SpiritBank Bill Pay can assist you in using its features as follows:
- This product contains help that is available on each page. Click Help Me With This Page to open Help for a specific topic. Also, you can click the Help button to open the Help Me Topics page.
- If you have general questions, read through the list of frequently asked questions (FAQs).
What if I made a mistake when I entered my payment account information?
If you made a mistake when typing an account number, routing transit number, or account type, you should add the payment account again using the correct information. Then delete the account with the incorrect information.