What is Enhanced Online Security?
Enhanced Online Security is our Log In authentication system for Online Banking. It utilizes multiple layers of security to ensure that your accounts and information remain secure. Enhanced Online Security protects you from fraud and indentity theft by preventing unauthorized access to your accounts.
What is changing with our online banking log in process?
Beginning in May, the user's private image and pass phrase will no longer be displayed when logging in to online banking services.
How do I enroll?
Enhanced Online Security is very easy to use and there is no software to install. Just follow the instructions to enroll and learn about Enhanced Online Security log-in procedures.
How does Enhanced Online Security work?
The system uses multiple layers of security ensuring unauthorized users cannot gain access to your accounts. We do this by verifying three important criteria:
- Your Log In Credentials - Access ID and Password must match with our system records or access is refused.
- Your Device - We check the device you are using – whether it’s your computer, mobile phone or tablet. If we don’t recognize the device, we may ask you to answer a Security Challenge question to ensure your identity.
- Your Location - If access is being requested from an unusual geographic location, we may ask you to answer one of your Challenge questions before giving you access.
Will my password change with the RSA update? No, you will see no other changes to your log in process. However, we recommend changing passwords every six months.
Be sure to use strong passwords:
- Minimum of 8 random characters.
- Use at least one number and
- one uppercase letter.